District 14 Commander Monthly Comments
September 1, 2021
We are starting a new chapter in District 14. The last chapter was a difficult one with COVID-19 trying to keep us down, but we survived. With the new strain of COVID-19 on the rise, I would caution all members to make every effort to stay safe.
District Officer Training Seminar was conducted on August 21. Training was successful. Curriculum included Recruiting, Buddy Poppies, Adjutant Responsibilities, Judge Advocate, Quartermaster, Trustees’, Service Officer, Chaplain, and VOD Chairman. District 14 will provide Mobile Training Teams (MTT) for all Posts wishing more in-depth training.
Comrade Terry was our Guest speaker from Department. He set in on recruit training and provided valuable information. His e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and thanks to the Department.
Post Commanders and Comrades, there is no change in our focus with our number one priority to help veterans. Our second priority is Retention and Recruitment. The Membership goal is 100% PLUS members, convert three or more current annual members to life, and at least one member to Legacy life. District membership goal is to convert twenty annual members to life, and six members to Legacy life.
Post Commanders are expected to stay in contact with all members of their post including non-current (expired), as well as new members, and keep them informed of what the post is doing.
- Commanders Call and District Staff: Our ZOOM call will be on the first Thursday of each month, at 6:30 p.m. Have your monthly plans ready for the month and understand this will be required for every Commanders call.
- Post inspections will start on 7th of September, with all inspections being completed by Mid-October.
- Conduct a Post Stand Down by 30th September 2021.
- Sept 1st - Deadline to Register Post & District Service Officers & Bond Post & District Quartermasters.
- Sept 17th - The District VFW Auxiliary is sponsoring a dinner at Post 3892 for the State Auxiliary President. A POW/MIA ceremony will start at 7:00 PM.
- Sept 18th - District Meeting starting at 10:00 A.M. Department guest is Senior Vice Commander Lynn Toomer.
- Sept 30th - Deadline to receive VPR for Operation Iraqi Freedom at Texas VFW HQ.
Yours in Camaraderie,
Reece E. Carter
Reece E. Carter
Gold Legacy / Life Member
“Responding to Your Need”
"No One Does More for Veterans"