District 14 Commander Monthly Comments
I pray that this communication finds you and your families in good health and spirit.
In spite of the deadly COVID 19 pandemic, the District is doing well and I’m very proud of our Post Commanders who continue to reached out to the District for additional training. It is the Veteran not the politician who has given us the right to vote. Please ensure that you are registered to vote by the October 5th deadline and VOTE before or on November 3rd, 2020. Post Commanders, I ask that you meet regularly with your Auxiliary Presidents and bring them in on your planning efforts. Our commitment, communication and teamwork will be the cornerstone to success.
I want to thank all of the Comrades, and Auxiliary members who made the Mental Health Fair a successful event. We will be looking at doing another Mental Health Fair in January. The 1st Quarter Post audit is due to the Department October 31st. VPRs this month; OEF, Oct 9, Recognition of Women in Military, Oct. 18.
- We continue Post Inspections this month, please show the District inspectors the same courtesy and respect that you have given me.
- Mandatory donations: Buddy Poppy, MAP, National Home for Children, National Military Services, reference your Texas VFW SOP.
- VPR Deadlines; Oct. 1, VJ Day, Oct. 10 Patriot Day, Oct 20 POW/MIA Day, Oct 28 VFW Birthday.
- Ensure you are preparing to complete your 2019 ISR Form 990 which is due December 21st. Once you complete the 990, you must make a copy of the front page and forward it to Wayne Cooley at the Department HQs.
- Voice of Democracy and Patriot Pen entries for 2020-2021 are due to the Post by Saturday November 15th. Post winners must be submitted to the District by December 1st. District winners must be submitted to the Department by December 15th.
Comrades, in closing, we must be proactive not reactive and get our bills paid and knock out our mandatory observances and programs. Keep up the good work and if you need any assistance do not hesitate to contact me. We are ONE TEAM, READY & FORWARD!
Carlo S. Davis
Carlo S. Davis
Department of Texas