District 14 Commander Monthly Comments
I pray that this communication finds you and your families in good health and spirit.
In spite of the deadly COVID 19 pandemic, the District continues to do well. It is the Veteran not the politician who has given us the right to vote. Please ensure that you get out and vote on November 3rd, 2020. Post Commanders, we must attack our Retention and Recruitment goals. I’m looking forward to rewarding Post & Commanders who achieve early bird status, 100% plus in membership by 1 January.
Our membership goals for 2020-2021 is to achieve 100%+ for each Post within our District, add or convert 33 annual members to Life and 11 Life members to any level Legacy Life and keep our retention above 90%. These are a few membership benchmarks for each Post; 85% by December 31, 2020, 95% by February 26, 2021 and 100% by April 30, 2021.
Commanders, if you or your staff do not enforce or adhere to the COVID 19 guidelines of wearing mask, and social distancing within your canteen/restaurant; I will be forced to shut you down. Yes, District Commanders have this authority and IAW section 904 you have the right to appeal my decision to the Department Commander in writing. I want you all to be successful and make revenue but we must protect our Comrades and Patrons.
- Mandatory donations: Buddy Poppy, MAP, National Home for Children, National Military Services, reference your Texas VFW SOP. Report your community service!
- VPRs this month; Veterans Day, November 11th.
- VPR Deadlines; Nov. 8, OEF, Nov. 17 Women in Military Service
- Ensure you are preparing to complete your 2019 ISR Form 990 which is due December 21st. Once you complete the 990, you must make a copy of the front page and forward it to Wayne Cooley at the Department HQs.
- Voice of Democracy and Patriot Pen entries for 2020-2021 are due to the Post by Saturday November 15th. Post winners must be submitted to the District by December 1st. District judging December 5th @Post 9191. District winners must be submitted to the Department by December 15th. If you have question reach out to Comrade Eddie West; we need Judges!
Comrades, in closing, we must be proactive not reactive and get our bills paid and knock out our mandatory observances and programs. Keep up the good work and if you need any assistance do not hesitate to contact me.
We are ONE TEAM, READY & FORWARD!
Carlo S. Davis
Carlo S. Davis
Department of Texas