District 14 Commander Monthly Comments
November 1, 2021
Hope you had a wonderful summer and are preparing for fall and the coming winter.
Post Commanders we urge you to start planning your Veterans Day program for November 11 which is one of the most solemn days of the year. This is the World War I ended. On November 11 at 11:11 the Armistice was signed. Invite the community to your program.
Commanders there is no change in our focus. Our number one priority is to help veterans. Our second priority is Retention and Recruitment. The Membership goal is 100% PLUS members, convert three or more current annual members to life, and at least one member to Legacy life. District membership goal is to convert twenty annual members to life, and six members to Legacy life.
Commanders, Senior and Junior Vice Commanders, membership chairman and various members of the staff, should, by now contacted members on their list to review the purpose and benefits of the VFW. Not everyone is aware of, or they have forgotten the purpose, and benefits provided by VFW. As you know, strength is in numbers and as the numbers of VFW members grow, so does veterans voice in Washington. Be proactive, call members, keep them informed of importing dates, and what the Post is doing.
Commanders check your stat sheet. I am sure there are requirements you have completed that have not been logged on the stat sheet. If you have not completed the requirements, it is time to get started especially in insurance and licensing of the canteen. These delays can cause your Post to be closed until requirements are met.
- Commanders Call and District Staff: Our ZOOM call will be on the first Thursday of each month, at 18:30 hrs. Have your monthly plans ready for the month and understand this will be required for every Commanders Call. This is a must for Commanders or their representative.
- Remember Veterans Day on November 11
- VOD, PP are due to District Chair Keven Williams (e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 15.
- Woman in Military Service by November 17
- VPRs are due at Texas VFW by November 21
“Responding to Your Need”