District 14 Commander Monthly Comments
I pray that this communication finds you and your families in good health and spirit. Please ensure that you take advantage of the FEMA assistance and file your property claims with your insurance companies. I’m very proud of the actions many of you took to help our Comrades and community during the winter storm.
Post Commanders and Comrades, we must attack our Retention and Recruitment goals. Our membership goals remain the same, achieve 100%+ for each Post within our District, add or convert 33 annual members to Life (3 per Post) and 11 Life members to any level Legacy Life (1 per Post) and keep our retention above 90%. These are a few membership benchmarks for each Post; 85% by December 31, 2020, 95% by February 26, 2021 and 100% by April 30, 2021.
Continue our membership campaign; Operation "CALL" to Action is a campaign to assist the Post Commanders and Staff to telephonically contact at least 10 x continuous (annual) members a week and speak with them of the critical importance of renewing their membership. Post Commanders will have the Post Quartermaster print a roster of all annual members and with the assistance of the Post membership chairman, Post Senior/Junior Vice Commanders, and various members of the district staff, will each select 10 members that they will contact for the week. This process will continue every week until all annual members have been contacted. Post Commanders are expected to notify your respective staffs and have these rosters printed and execution to begin at your earliest opportunity.
- Commanders Call and District Staff, Zoom call on the 4th of March @7:00 p.m.
- Mandatory donations: National Home for Children, National Military Services ($100 payment to Nationals)
- Start preparing for your Post elections and the Election of Post Delegates
- Numerous award submissions due March 1st and March 16th see SOP page 13.
- VPR Deadlines; USS Maine 16th of March, Operation Desert Storm 29th of March.
- VPR, Special Project Observing the 100th Texas VFW Birthday!
- Report your community service!
Comrades, in closing, we must be proactive not reactive, knock out our mandatory observances and programs. Keep up the good work and if you need any assistance do not hesitate to contact me or the staff. We are ONE TEAM, READY & FORWARD!
Carlo S. Davis
Carlo S. Davis
Gold Legacy Life Member
"No One Does More for Veterans"