District 14 Commander Monthly Comments
January 1, 2021
Happy New Year! I pray that this communication finds you and your families in good health and spirit. We have entered the 3rd quarter of the VFW year and the district is moving in the right direction.
Post Commanders and Comrades, I am very proud of your hard work and we must continue to attack our Retention and Recruitment goals. Our membership goals remain the same, achieve 100%+ for each Post within our District, add or convert 33 annual members to Life (3 per Post) and 11 Life members to any level Legacy Life (1 per Post) and keep our retention above 90%. These are a few membership benchmarks for each Post; 85% by December 31, 2020, 95% by February 26, 2021 and 100% by April 30, 2021.
It brings me great pleasure to announce the District 14 Winners of the Voice of Democracy, Patriot Pen and Teacher award: Mr. Cole R. Wheeler (VOD) of Post 8539, Ms. Jaden J. Turrentine (PP) of Post 10376, and the teachers consisted of Ms. Candice Bowers, Mr. Kyle Mosley, and Mr. Jacob Smith. We will recognize the awardees at our District meeting on the 16th of January. I would also like to thank the Committee Chairman Dr. Eddie West for a job well done and creating a new Department standards checklist and all of the judges for your hard work and dedication.
- Mandatory donations: National Home for Children, National Military Services
- Report your community service!
- VPR Deadlines; Pearl Harbor Day due January 5th.
- District Meeting January 16th, Post 8577 at 1000hrs, Blue Navy Polo shirt
- VPR, Vietnam Peace Accord, January 27th.
- Mid-Winter Conference, 21-24 January, Omni Corpus Christi
- 2nd Quarter Post Audits are due by the January 31st.
- 2019 ISR Form 990 was due December 21st. You must make a copy of the front page and forward it to John (email@example.com) at the Department HQs ASAP!
Comrades, in closing, we must be proactive not reactive, knock out our mandatory observances and programs. Keep up the good work and if you need any assistance do not hesitate to contact me or the staff. We are ONE TEAM, READY & FORWARD!
Carlo S. Davis
Carlo S. Davis
Gold Legacy Life Member