District 14 Commander Monthly Comments
I pray that this communication finds you and your families in good health and spirit.
Post Commanders and Comrades, we must attack our Retention and Recruitment goals. This is a team effort, and we must focus on our annual members. I am still looking forward to rewarding Post & Commanders who achieve early bird status, 100% plus in membership by 1 January.
Our membership goals for 2020-2021 is to achieve 100%+ for each Post within our District, add or convert 33 annual members to Life and 11 Life members to any level Legacy Life and keep our retention above 90%. These are a few membership benchmarks for each Post; 85% by December 31, 2020, 95% by February 26, 2021 and 100% by April 30, 2021.
- Post National Special Project winner due December 15.
- Mandatory donations: MAP, National Home for Children, National Military Services, due December 31st , reference your Texas VFW SOP.
- Report your community service!
- VPR, Pearl Harbor Day, December 7 th.
- VPR Deadlines; Veterans Day due December 10th.
- Ensure you are preparing to complete your 2019 ISR Form 990 which is due December 21st. Once you complete the 990, you must make a copy of the front page and forward it to Wayne Cooley at the Department HQs.
- Voice of Democracy and Patriot Pen entries for 2020-2021 are due to the District by December 1st . District judging December 5th @Post 9191. District winners must be submitted to the Department by December 15th . If you have question reach out to Comrade Eddie West; we need Judges!
Comrades, in closing, we must be proactive not reactive and get our bills paid and knock out our mandatory observances and programs. Keep up the good work and if you need any assistance do not hesitate to contact me or the staff. I want to wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! We are ONE TEAM, READY & FORWARD!
Carlo S. Davis
Carlo S. Davis
Gold Legacy Life Member
Department of Texas