District 14 Commander Monthly Comments
August 1, 2021
We are starting a new chapter in District 14. The last chapter was a difficult one with Covid-19 trying to keep us down, but we survived. With the new strain of Covid-19 on the rise, I would caution all members to make every effort to stay safe.
The Officer Training Seminar was completed on July 17th. It was a three-day learning experience. Training was conducted for Post Officers and emphasized the importance of selecting the right Chairperson for programs and activities.
Post Commanders and Comrades, there is no change in our focus with our number one priority to help veterans. Our second priority is Retention and Recruitment. The Membership goal is 100% PLUS members, convert three or more current annual members to life, and at least one member to Legacy life. District membership goal is to convert twenty annual members to life, and six members to Legacy life.
Have the Post Quartermaster print a roster of all members and with the assistance of the Post membership chairman, Post Senior and Junior Vice Commanders, and various members of the staff, select at least five members they will contact for the week. Post Commanders are expected to notify your respective staffs and have these rosters printed and execution to begin at your earliest opportunity.
- Commanders Call and District Staff: Our ZOOM call will be on the first Thursday of each month, at 18:30. Have your monthly plans ready for the month and understand this will be required for every Commanders call.
- District Organization and Ofiicers Training at Post 8577 on the 21st of August
- Post inspections will start on 7th of September, with all inspections being completed by Mid-October
- Conduct a Post Stand Down by 30th September 2021
- 31 July 2021 was the deadline to receive 4th Quarter Post Audit and VPR for Loyalty Day, VE Day, Memorial Day, D-Day, and Flag Day at Texas VFW HQ
- 3rd August is the deadline for VPR Independence Day Texas VFW HQ
- 27th August is the deadline for VPR Korean Armistice Texas VFW HQ
Reece E. Carter
Reece E. Carter
Gold Legacy / Life Member
"No One Does More for Veterans"
“Responding to Your Need”